CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS PRIVACY NOTICE
Dunsters Farm collects and processes data relating to our customers and suppliers in order to manage our relationship with you. As a company, we are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use data and to meeting our data protection obligations. We do not collect much (if any) personal data from our customers and suppliers, and if we do, we treat it confidentially and never pass it on for marketing purposes.
What information do we collect?
We collect a range of information about your company:
- Your company name, address and contact details including email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Details of your company bank account for payment or direct debit purposes (if required).
- Details of the products that you order from us/ we buy from you.
- Information about you when you voluntarily complete a survey, provide feedback or participate in a competition.
- If you visit our website, we may collect information about your website visits using “cookies” as detailed in our Cookies Policy that is available on our website.
How do we use your information?
Your information allows us to fulfil any orders you place with us, update you on the progress of your orders and assist with any customer service queries. For suppliers, your information allows us to place orders with you and pay you for goods and services.
We keep you up to date with our latest news, exciting new ranges and offers we think will be of interest, by contacting you by post and using your email address to send you our email newsletters, communications via social media and any similar internet-based communications as they become available.
If you already receive our marketing communications, we’ll continue to send you these unless we think you are no longer interested in hearing from us or you ask us to stop. We hope you enjoy hearing from us and we promise never to bombard you with too many communications.
We may use your information, including details of your ordering history, how you choose to interact with us, and geographic information, to help us decide what we talk to you about and when. Ultimately, we want to make sure that our communications are always relevant and this information will really help us achieve just that.
There are some communications that you’d always expect to receive from us, whatever your marketing preferences – for example, order confirmations by email if you have ordered online, or important customer service updates.
We employ the services of a small number of third party companies to support our business for specific functions. These providers are carefully vetted and highly trusted and all comply with current data protection legislation, they will never use your data for any other purpose.
Our processing of any personal data, as summarised in this policy, is in pursuit of our legitimate business interests and to provide our customers and suppliers with the very best service.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold your data is 6 years.
Your rights regarding your personal data
If you receive our postal or email-based marketing communications, you can choose to unsubscribe at any time. Simply click the unsubscribe link in the email, call our Customer Care team on 0161 763 7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you may continue to receive our communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You also have the right to:
- Ask that we correct or update any personal information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
- Ask that we erase your personal data from our systems.
- Ask that we stop processing your data or restrict processing where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch. Please note that we may ask for proof of identity before providing or updating any personal information we hold about you and if we have a legitimate reason as to why we are unable to fulfil any requests, we will always explain the reasons why.
How to contact us