Recipe: Papas a la Pobre (Poor Man’s Potatoes)
Upgrade your breakfast eggs with this simple take on a Spanish Classic!
Summer’s here and without the usual big holidays, we’ve all got plenty of extra time on our hands. Enjoy a lazy Sunday brunch with this Spanish classic!
– 2 x potatoes – Chorizo (sliced or diced)
– 1 x onion (sliced)
– 2 x Red Pepper (cut into thick slices)
– 2 x eggs – Dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Cube and boil your potatoes until cooked and soft.
- Heat a tbsp. of Olive Oil in a medium-sized frying pan and add the diced onion and garlic. Cook for 4-mins until onions are soft.
- Place the cooked cubed potato into your pan and fry until slightly golden.
- Add your chorizo (cubed or sliced) for 5 mins along with the diced peppers, add a little chill.
- In a separate pan, fry two eggs in a little oil and then add to your chorizo & pepper mix.
- Finish with a drizzle of Olive Oil and season with Salt, Pepper and a sprinkle of Chilli Flakes.