Bonfire Fun- Toffee Apples to Impress!
Remember, remember, the 5th of November….you know how it goes. Bonfire Night is here and that means only one thing… Toffee Apples! Have you been put on dessert duty for the bonfire? We have put together a quick and easy recipe to impress everyone at there with minimum effort required.
All you need is:
- Apples (Code:APPGD)
- 225g Light brown sugar (Code: 2995)
- 110ml Water
- ½tsp Vinegar (Code: MV5)
- 1tsp Red food colouring
- 2tbsp Golden syrup (Code: 2997
- 25g Butter (Code: MUSB)
- To begin mix the water and the sugar in a saucepan and heat over a medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the butter, vinegar, syrup and red food colouring.
- Increase the heat to moderate and bring to the boil, cooking the syrup until it reached 138°C (use a sugar thermometer to measure accurately). Skewer the apples with the sticks then dip in the hot syrup, trying to coat as much of the apples as possible in the syrup.
- Leave the toffee apples to cool and harden on a lightly oiled baking tray. Serve once the toffee is hard and enjoy around the bonfire!
Inspiration taken from https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/bonfire-toffee-apples.html